How's Your Day Going?

How's Your Day Going?

Monday, October 27, 2014

Work

I had my annual physical exam today, which gave me an opportunity to kick back and read a magazine titled "Working Mother."  In case you wondered what, exactly, Working Mothers look like, here is a photo:

I confess that I look nothing like this.  I don't look like this now, in my dotage, and I didn't look like this when I was young and, if not *hawt*, then somewhat simmering.  I also do not dress like this when I go to work: that white shirt and light pink jacket would have coffee all over them before I managed to merge onto Route 128.  Which leaves me to conclude that the woman on the cover of the magazine is not an actual "Working Mother," but rather someone who poses as an idealized version of a Working Mother for magazine covers that make us all feel bad.

Surprisingly, my blood pressure was still in normal range when it was measured.

The cover of the magazine got me thinking about the Zellweger Conspiracy Theories.  I hadn't thought much about Zellweger in some time and, when I saw the recent photos of her, I thought that she looked good: she's slim and her skin is all Hollywood glowing and her hair is wavy.  However, I am NOT supposed to think that she looked good.  I am supposed to think that she looks HORRIBLE!  And that she may have had the euphemistic *work* done, which means surgery to help her look like an idealized version of herself.  And she should not be allowed to have had *work* done unless done by the doctors who have never met her who say that she looks like she had the *work.*  Gah!  It's not like anyone expects actors and celebutantes to look good and perfect ALL of the TIME even when they have just given BIRTH or gotten out of a SWIMMING POOL or off of an AIRPLANE or while they are eating or anything.
I know that I look exactly the same as I did 15 years ago, so why shouldn't RZ?  The audacity of aging!  And of cosmetic surgery!

So, I am off to crawl into a hole because I do not look like the Working Mother that I am and because I think that RZ looks good and that it's her beeswax if she wants to have surgery.

No comments:

Post a Comment